Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Room Makeover Series - Part One

My bedroom has been bubblegum pink since as long as I can remember.  I remember everything about my room years ago:  My bedspread had a ton of flowers on it from yellow to pink to blue and so we feather dusted my room with light pink and light blue.  That didn't last very long and so we decided to go over the feather dusting with the pink.

It has been years since I decided to get rid of the flowers but my room has remained the same color.  After the flowers came a tropical theme.  I was full on obsessed with this.  I still am, but not in my bedroom.  We'll get to that later. Anyways, thankfully, the sunset can have pink in it, so the walls still worked.

However, around two years ago, I decided I wanted to go with an animal print themed room instead.  You are probably very familiar with animals and know that there are very few that are pink. As a matter of fact, I can think of one, a pink flamingo (my favorite animal, by the way.)  That was more of the tropical theme though and I wanted zebra print, leopard print, etc.  And, no, those aren't pink.  I had to stay with the color of my walls though and happened to get lucky when I came across a black and white zebra print set with a pink border.

Over the coarse of the year that I had this set, I began to think that maybe it was a little too... teenage... for someone about to turn twenty one.  So, back to Target I went.  (Yes, I'm in love with Target.  You've probably noticed.)  Anyways, I found the perfect set.  It was tan with black zebra print.  It was only a comforter so I had to buy everything separate, but it was completely worth it.  I went to four different Target's to find the matching shams and black bedskirt, but I still didn't have any sheets.

I ended up buying some at Kohl's.  They were originally around $120 or something and super soft, so naturally, I thought they would last a long time and not pill.  I was wrong.  Does anyone know where I can find some good quality sheets?  I'm beginning to think they don't exist.

Anyways, I've had this bedding, along with two matching rugs, dark brown curtains, and various room accessories for almost a year now.  But, for some reason, I can't seem to rid my room completely of the tropical stuff.  I have palm trees on my wall.  There are sticky flowers that have been up since I was... eight?  And needless to say, none of this matches my brown/black/tan theme.

This is entry one of the room makeover series and WILL be the longest one with words, I promise.  I will be moving around furniture, painting the walls, redesigning a lot of the room, and also making some artwork to display in the room.  I will also be including pictures for the redesign in the bedroom across from mine.  I will also be completely reorganizing my room so everything will be perfect.

I hope you stick around for the ride, because it's going to be great.  I hope to even inspire you in some way.  Don't forget to follow me for updates :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment