Monday, June 14, 2010

This week's style icon

Eva Longoria Parker


I've admired Eva for years which is why I chose her as my first style icon.  I'm going to begin doing the style icon blog on a weekly basis.  So check back weekly for this topic :)

One thing I love about Eva Longoria Parker is the fact that she is only 5'2" and always appears taller (except when standing next to her (ex) husband, 6'2" Tony Parker, of course)

Eva is very well aware of her body type and always wears clothes that flatter her.   Being petite myself at only 5'0, I admire her for this.


































Skinny jeans:  Be wary of this style.  She has a slim body type so the skinny jeans look amazing on her, especially with the fitted top shown on the right.  Also, the large tote bag makes her appear even smaller.  The heels elongate her legs to make her appear taller than she actually is.  




































The short, strapless dress:  Dresses above the knee lengthen legs and make you appear taller.  Also, the decorative bow at the top can be pulled off by petite/small chested women because it adds volume. 



The black/sophisticated look:  Wearing all black can either look really depressing, or really stylish.  These two looks by Eva Longoria Parker are amazing.  I have to say that four things make up this look:  A fabulous pair of black sunglasses, a black mini skirt (or dress), black opaque hose, and black boots.   I also love how in the first picture she uses a hot pink handbag to add a pop of color.  






































The evening gown:  The choice to go with another strapless gown is an excellent choice for Eva.  I absolutely love this dress.  Having a petite body as she does, it is important not to overpower it with fabric which is why I love the sweetheart style neckline and the mermaid style gown (fitted throughout the bodice, hips, and thighs)  The red is also great for bringing out the olive in her skin tone.  Wearing her hair away from her face and carrying a small clutch does not take away from the shape of the gown/her height.  


No comments:

Post a Comment