Thursday, February 11, 2010

Alexander McQueen dies

It saddens me to know that such a talented man is no longer with us.  McQueen was a well known, extremely talented couture fashion designer from London.  He died 02/11/10 by suicide.   He was found in his home hanging a week after the death of his mother. To read the article from The Guardian, click here.

The 40 year old designer was extremely talented, and I have a few favorite items that I would personally love to purchase in his honor:





1. McQ Gabardine Blazer With Side Pin Closure













2. McQ Silk Rope Print Tank















He was also well known for his outlandish and one of a kind runway looks.  Some of my favorites are below. 









           



Some of the fabulous shoes (which don't come in my size, but I can admire them anyways)




And last, but not least, let's not forget the shoes Lady Gaga wore in her "Bad Romance" music video.  I think this woman is amazing and I admire her so much for being able to wear these.  




R.I.P. Alexander McQueen --- the fashion world will miss you greatly.  





No comments:

Post a Comment